We’re adding to our team! If you’ve got a good eye for design, enjoy helping people find the perfect gift, and love plants, this may be the job for you!
Retail Associate/Plant Specialist
First and Foremost
We are looking for people to stay for the long haul and always have opportunities for growth! You’ll be on a trial run for the first 90 days on the job. Besides that, we’re planning ahead and you MUST be available to work holiday weekends. You’ll also be required to work at least two weekend shifts a month.
In addition to being a retail associate, we’re hoping to find that special person that can take care of our ever growing indoor jungle. This will include watering, trimming, helping source and place orders for new plant inventory weekly, and educate staff members about plants, plant care, and more. This can all be taught/learned on the job as well if you are new to the plant scene!
Our only other requirements are that you understand the importance of amazing customer service, bring a positive, upbeat attitude to the shop each day, and consistently show up when you are scheduled. All other on-the-job skills are trainable!
What will I be doing?
You are ensuring every single customer who walks into our store has an exceptional experience from the moment they step in. You will welcome customers, provide product knowledge, and recommendations if needed, check out customers using our POS system, wrap gifts, assist in merchandising the store, and help keep the stores clean.
We are looking for both part-time and full-time team members for weekday and weekend shifts.
We look for team members who are motivated self-starters, honest and self-aware, empathetic and understanding, with excellent communication skills.
Administrative AssistantWe are currently looking for a full time (35-40 hrs/week) administrative assistant to work in the office alongside the owner/CEO and the management team. Hours will be Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm.
We are a true small business and no two days are ever alike. You will be primarily based in our office (located in a separate building from the retail shops, but within walking distance) working alongside one of the owners of the company. The ideal candidate will enjoy working primarily alone with occasional interaction with other team members.
We are looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail (you pay attention to the big and the little things) and strong organizational skills (you love to count things and file things and make lists). This is NOT a retail job and you will not be on the sales floor, although you may be asked to correspond and speak with customers via email/phone. There is tremendous growth potential for the right person.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Filing and keeping the office organized
- Shipping all daily outgoing customer orders (all supplies on-site, training will be given)
- Running errands - trips to the recycling center, picking up lunches/coffee, bank deposits, customer deliveries
- Inventory management - reviewing and counting daily product arrivals, checking for damages, updating Shopify with new inventory, barcoding product, transporting over to the shops when ready to go on the floor
- Email management - help the CEO manage her inbox and the customer service inbox
- Calendar management - help the CEO manage her calendar
- Minor bookkeeping and accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of inventory
- Efficient and quick-learner of various softwares and apps
- Positive, you-got-it-boss, zero-drama attitude
Office Environment Details:
This will not be a sit at a desk for 8 hours type of job. You will be moving boxes, opening boxes, checking off lists, entering information into the computer, sticking barcode labels on products, making lots of trips over to the stores, running errands off-site, packing shipments, sending lots of emails, attending meetings with the management team, etc. While you will be around people throughout the day, you need to be comfortable and content working quietly on your own most of the time.