Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Turn having people over into a casual affair—and make it look good, too.
Join professional food stylist, ATK cast member, and entertaining enthusiast Elle Simone Scott as she shares her tips for creating photo-worthy spreads, letting you in on trade secrets ranging from plating techniques to how she keeps things looking fresh on set (and all party long). Across 35 boards you’ll find over 150 of ATK’s foolproof recipes to build your board around or add that special homemade touch, from a platter-worthy Steak Frites to better-than-storebought dips, and everything in-between.
These days, a grazing board is so much more than just cheese and cured meat—it’s an interactive and low-key yet elegant way of presenting food. Show off your effortless entertaining style with showstopping conversation-starting spreads that are sure to impress your guests.
• Become an expert in stylish presentation: Elle gives tips with every recipe, letting you in on trade secrets like making the perfect cocktail garnish, how to swoosh hummus and dips with confidence, and how she keeps food looking fresh on set (and all party long).
• Gain confidence with the classics: Charcuterie and cheese board how-tos in the introduction help you achieve the perfect balance of texture, flavor, and visual appeal. With tips on arranging and ways to take your boards to the next level, you’ll have an appetizer that looks as good as it tastes.
• Take boards beyond cheese and crackers: Push the boundaries of what a “board” is with ideas like a customizable baked potato and DIY Bloody Mary board, or grilled vegetable platter, proving that all different kinds of food are more fun when served as a board. And it’s more than just snacks—even the grazing boards are hearty enough for dinner.
• Full-spread photos help you straddle the line between elegant and casual: The photography is both aspirational and inspirational; follow our tips to replicate it exactly or use it as a jumping-off point for your own creation.
• Choose your level of involvement: Whether you’re in the mood to cook or you’d rather pick everything up at the grocery store (or something in between) we provide recipes with suggestions for store-bought alternatives.